Castor oil is a multi-purpose vegetable oil that has been used for thousands of years. It has been a powerful natural treatment for a variety of health issues. It has been shown to help relieve constipation, moisturize dry skin and induce hair growth, among many other uses.
If you are searching for an affordable, multi-purpose oil to keep in your medicine cabinet, castor oil may be a good choice.
Castor oil is a multi-purpose vegetable oil that people have used for thousands of years. It’s made by extracting oil from the seeds of the Ricinus communis plant. Castor oil has a number of medicinal, industrial and pharmaceutical uses.
Castor Oil Benefits
It’s commonly used as an additive in foods, medications and skin care products, as well as an industrial lubricant and biodiesel fuel component.
In ancient Egypt, castor oil was burned as fuel in lamps, used as a natural remedy to treat ailments like eye irritation and even given to pregnant women to stimulate labor.
Today, castor oil remains a popular natural treatment for common conditions like constipation and skin ailments and is commonly used in natural beauty products.
1. A Powerful Laxative. Castor oil can be used as a natural remedy for occasional constipation. However, it can cause side effects like cramping and diarrhea and should not be used to treat chronic constipation.
2. A Natural Moisturizer. Castor oil can help lock moisture in the skin. Though this natural alternative to store-bought products is considered safe for most, it can cause allergic reactions in some.
3. Promotes wound healing. Castor oil helps heal wounds by stimulating the growth of new tissue, reducing dryness and preventing the buildup of dead skin cells.
4. Impressive Anti-Inflammatory Effects. Castor oil is high in ricinoleic acid, a fatty acid that has been shown to help reduce pain and inflammation.
5. Reduces Acne. Castor oil helps fight inflammation, reduce bacteria and soothe irritated skin, all of which can be helpful for those looking for a natural acne remedy.
6. Fights Fungus. Several studies have shown that castor oil may help fight fungal infections in the mouth caused by Candida albicans.
7. Keeps Your Hair and Scalp Healthy. The moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil make it an excellent option to keep hair soft and hydrated and help reduce dandruff symptoms.
|Dimensions||2.5 × 2.5 × 8 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.